Season of the Dragonflies by Sarah Creech

Season of the Dragonflies: A Novel - Sarah Creech

Sarah Creech's Season of the Dragonflies follows a several generations of strong women who have built up a perfume business, while also helping building the small town surrounding the Lenore's home and perfume business. Upon Lucia's arrival at home, her mom and sister are having concerns over health issues and some serious business issues.

While reading the beginning, I could feel for Lucia and the emptiness she felt. Once the story started revolving around her moving back home, I did feel that there was some predictability in the story and how it revolved around the 3 women's relationships with men. The results of "drama" by the sister and a client seemed a little overdone, but did bring closure to what the 3 women needed to decide the fate of their lives and the business.

Overall, and despite the predictability, I did enjoy reading this novel. The strength given to female characters, the history of the females in the family, and the personality of the town and it's people were well written. I did enjoy the author's writing style.

***this book was received free through a Goodreads Giveaway from the Publisher William Morrow, an Imprint of HarperCollins Publisher.***