A NEW BOOK-PLUS A LITTLE PRIDE

Flower City: An Overture - Craig Lenzi

I know I usually just post reviews and a few quotes, but I thought I would make this post a little more personal. I'm very proud of my cousin, Craig Lenzi. FLOWER CITY: AN OVERTURE, his first publication, came out May 23rd. I've only read a preview so far, but I am going to have to get the kindle app for my computer so I can read the whole thing. My cousin Craig has been writing for about 10 years, dancing ballet for over 20 years, can play the violin, learned Russian in high school, and is just an incredible guy. I am so glad for him that he got this published. And it's the first of a series of 3 books, all historical fiction set in my hometown of Rochester, NY and follows the building of the Erie Canal. Rochester was initially called the Flour City because of some 20 flour mills that would grind up to 25000 bushels of wheat a day once the Erie Canal opened up. Eventually, several companies started selling plant seeds, and many parks were starting to be set up. One, Highland Park, is home to the Lilac Festival which attracts hundreds of thousands of people each May. There's a conservatory, a Shakespeare Garden, and I couldn't tell you the number of lilac bushes and trees there are. But the flowers and lilacs are what caused the city to change the nickname to the Flower City. We've also had people like Susan B Anthony and Frederick Douglas call Rochester home.

I hope others get just as excited about it as I am. It may be my being proud of Craig, but I am sure he's going to get some great reviews.